Letting someone provide care for you in your home can be a very intimate and personal experience. That is why at Muzaana Care Services (MCS) we set the bar extremely high regarding the standard of care we render. Considering that Personal Care is a wide-ranging statement, all care services we offer are tailored to suit your needs. Therefore if you have got the mental capacity to make your own decisions, we decide together with you on the level of care and support you need for as long as you require it. In situations where you lack mental capacity, we do this with your chosen next of kin.
How MCS understands the meaning of 'PERSONAL CARE' is broken down as follows:
Waking up and sleeping routine
- • Supporting you safely with getting up and out of bed
- • Supporting you into bed
- • Change into day or night clothes of your choice
- • Make your bed and change beddings as required.
- • Preparing meals of your choice
- • Supporting with meal intake
- • Ensuring safe swallowing (if any concerns noted we escalate to the appropriate team with your consent)
- • We ensure to know your allergy status
- • We ensure to leave drinks/snacks of your choice by your side for the day or night time
- • With your input we complete a food and fluid chart.
- • We stay until you have eaten and we clear the dishes
- • Setting up and disconnecting Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) feeds
- • Ensuring together that your fridge and food you ingest is in date and safe
- • Trips to see friends and relatives
- • Sightseeing
- • Leisure activities
- • Going for walks or a wheel chair ride.
- • Escorting you to places of worship
- • Shopping
- • Posting letters
- • Escort to GP appointments
- • Escort to dentist
- • Escort to Hospital appointments
- • Washing
- • Hanging clothes out to dry.
- • Ironing
- • Placing them back in your desired area
Personal hygiene care
- • Shower
- • Bath
- • Strip wash by the sink or in bed
- • Applying barrier creams
- • Skincare emollient application
- • Mouthcare
- • Dentures care
- • Nail care
- • Applying make up
- • Shaving
- • Organising hair appointments
- • Hoovering
- • Mopping
- • Dusting
- • Emptying bins
- • Washing dishes
- • Laundry
- • Cleaning used equipment (e.g. Hoists, frames etc.).
- • Monitoring, support and supervising intake
- • Ensuring safe medication storage
- • Stock availability and re stocking
- • Ensuring we know about any possible allergies
Sit-in service (day)
- • Playing games
- • Reading
- • Listening to music with you
- • Dancing
- • Art (e.g. painting)
- • Gardening
- • Photography
- • Companionship
- • Support with continence care
- • Prepare light snacks and drinks for the night
- • Say prayers (if you are actively following a religion).
- • Regular repositioning
- • Ensuring your safety at night
Live in care
- • Ensure privacy and dignity is maintained
- • Minimise isolation
- • Staying with you 24 hours
- • Ensuring you've been assessed to use the correct items
- • We ensure regular monitoring of elimination
- • Catheter care: empty urinary catheter bag.
- • Replace urine bag when it is due. Attach day to night bags and visa verses. Keep catheter and surroundings clean.
- • Stoma care: Empty and replace stoma bag. Maintenance of healthy surroundings skin. Reminding client to maintain a balanced diet
- • Escalate any concerning findings to appropriate services
Palliative and End Of Life Care
- • Ensure comfort and dignity is maintained
- • Ensure all your wishes are respected
- • Speak and escalate to relevant teams if there is any concerns
- • Regular mouth care
- • Support with bereavement, grief and loss
- • Last offices
- • We encourage you to move about as much as possible considering your abilities and limitations
- • Involve you in your activities of the daily living by encouraging you to do the most you can.
- • We also look after adults at risk with challenging behavior and complex care needs
- • Help you get back to base line considering your condition
And many other services which are within the health and social care act.